A furnace is the best solution to escape from bad weather and manage the ideal temperature. The most efficient furnaces are useful devices that not only reduce your energy cost but also lower down the carbon footprint.
This quick American Standard Furnace Repair guide will answer common maintenance and repair questions and tell you how to keep your furnace working optimally for the years to come.
Furnace repair Queens and Manhattan
How to Replace the Air Filter?
There are basic preventive maintenance tips you can consider to keep your furnace in good working condition. One of the most important tasks is replacing the air filter every three months. Call out experts for furnace repair in Queens and engage them to:
- Check the owner’s manual to find out what filter you need
- Buy a new filter
- Shut off the furnace or turn off the breaker box controlling it
- Check the right side of the unit to locate the filter
- Slide out the old filter and replace it with the new one
- Use the indicator arrows to make sure the filter is in the right way
What’s wrong with the furnace?
It’s very important to figure out the exact problems. Otherwise, no matter how much you spend on maintenance and routine care, problems will not go away. Knowing the exact problems and the solutions to solve them will keep your family warm, save you on a visit from a repair technician, and could prevent further breakdowns.
If you start to notice any issues with your furnace system, here are some quick fixes that can help:
- Turn off the furnace or the breaker box
- Check the filter to make sure it’s clean, and replace it if necessary
- Inspect the furnace and vents for dirt and debris, and vacuum them if necessary
- Turn the furnace back on
- Check that the thermostat is set to Heat and set for higher than room temperature
- Check that the fan and blower fan (if applicable) are set to On
- Make sure the pilot light is lit (if your furnace has one)
No all issues require technician’s assistance. Some can be fixed with the help of troubleshoot guide. But certain problems require professional intervention, including if the furnace is
- Blowing cold air and the thermostat wasn’t the cause
- Not producing heat and it’s not a power issue
- Making strange noises
- Having trouble with keeping the pilot light lit
- Emitting a gas odor
- Building up soot
Call out technicians from reputable company for furnace repair in Manhattan.
Simone Arnica is the certified and more than 35 years experienced HVAC expert from Arnica Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. suggesting maintenance tips for the HVAC system to protect it from early damage, unwanted maintenance cost and also to save on energy cost. Follow the blog to learn how it can be done easily.